Saturday, December 29, 2007

More on engine height



Today I relocated my mock engine support to get more clearance under the pan. As you can see from the picture, The pan sits about 4.5 inches above the floor, and of course this can be adjusted upward with the torsion bar bolt adjustments. At this point, I think it's about right, but of course all of this can change.

To see what the engine might look like when finished, height wise, I laid the stock Mercury intake manifold complete with the stock carb on top of the intake. My final set up won't be taller than this, and if this fits, I know I'm ok. While I was at it, I also dug out the old generator/ fan and stuck that on top on the front of the intake. Flatheads traditionally mounted the generator on top of the engine, and while there are some aftermarket kits that will allow you to mount the generator off to the side (like most other engines), I wanted to know how this would look.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But where does the Jack-in-the-Box antennaball go?